[Test-Announce] Fedora 18 Alpha is hereby declared GOLD

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Tue Sep 18 18:03:04 UTC 2012

On 09/18/2012 10:16 AM, Chris Murphy wrote:
> I would use the word "RELEASE" instead of TC1, TC2, RC1, RC2. So
> "Fedora 18 Alpha RC3" became "Fedora 18 Alpha Release". It was after
> all a "release candidate" and once no longer a candidate, it is a
> release.
>
> "Completed" adds yet another term that seems unnecessary, albeit
> vastly more appropriate than GOLD or GM.

I think you missed my point.  The announcement is trying to state that
we the project have finished the Alpha, and have begun the staging
process to get it released to the public.  It is not released yet,
people cannot download it from our mirror system, so calling it
"released" does not make sense.

--
Help me fight child abuse: http://tinyurl.com/jlkcourage

- jlk