Why is not enabled TapButton of touchpad on Fedora by default?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Sep 19 18:52:43 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-09-18 at 23:11 +0100, Camilo Mesias wrote:
> Thanks for all the suggestions, I took the X11 config option which *just works*
>
> I honestly think this should be the default.
>
> At least, if there is a setting it should be system wide rather than
> personal / effective only after login, because devices with touchpads
> are predominantly personal devices not shared workstations...

GNOME 3 has a kind-of convention where there's a button in the settings
applets to make settings system-wide which you might want to make
system-wide. It then prompts you for admin privileges and makes the
setting system-wide if you pass. This could be a candidate for that
treatment, I guess.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey