Bodhi should recommend using yum-security's --advisory switch to test testing updates

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Sep 23 15:33:56 UTC 2012

I wrote:
> 3. If the user did not have some of the packages in the group installed,
> explicitly listing them installs them, which is usually not what the user
> wants.

Oops, sorry, I just tested this, I was wrong about that one. But that in
turn means that if the user had only subpackages installed, those will NOT
be upgraded by the command Bodhi suggested (which only lists the main
packages) even if there are versioned Requires between the main package and
the subpackage(s).

(That can be "fixed" by using "install" instead of "update", but then you're
left with the problem from my original point 3.)

Using the --advisory switch solves this problem nicely.

        Kevin Kofler