request: remove "gd.tuwien.ac.at" from mirror-lists

Daniel Veillard veillard at redhat.com
Wed Sep 26 04:05:02 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 05:14:58PM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-09-25 at 10:34 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
[...]
> I think some of Harald's other suggestions in the mail are pretty good,
> though. It does seem like yum could try harder to throw out slow
> mirrors. It is a bit annoying when you're sitting on a 50Mb/sec
> connection getting about 200Kb/sec from some sclerotic mirror...

  So just imagine when you have 4Mbps and getting not even half a kbps
from the server and unable to even kill that update because if you do
the damn thing will restart from scratch from the same server and at
the same speed. That's the current situation here ! 200Kb/sec is
very fast compared to what yum serves us, there are server that fast
but yum will stick indefinitely with slow servers. And a fast server
today will be a slow one tomorrow depending on the ISP own evaluation
of the traffic pattern.

Daniel