Why is not enabled TapButton of touchpad on Fedora by default?

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Thu Sep 27 06:39:59 UTC 2012

On 09/26/2012 11:58 AM, Martin Sourada wrote:
> What I have personal issues with is accidental tapping while typing, but
> that can be avoided by using "Disable touchpad when typing" setting...
For that reason, I like my touchpads switched off by default. No
touchpad, no issue.
Having to set a focus on another window, just because a sleeve touched
the pad is only annoying and unnecessary. I also use my keyboard far
more often than any mouse/touchpad/trackpoint.

We have seen for or five different preferences: I don't think, we should
change that default.
--
Matthias Runge <mrunge at matthias-runge.de>
                <mrunge at fedoraproject.org>