Why is not enabled TapButton of touchpad on Fedora by default?

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Thu Sep 27 16:09:05 UTC 2012

On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 05:42:47PM +0200, drago01 wrote:

> Not buying that. If you tap and nothing happens you may also think
> that something is broken "why does my touchpad not work" ... this is
> even more likely then your scenario.
> So this argument is flawed as well.

You know more that "it is broken". You know then the tap-to-click
feature is missing and have a clear and reproducible error report "I tap
on the touchpad and the click is not noticed". It is a lot easier to
notice that something is missing and to describe it than to notice that
something is there that is sometimes causing trouble.

Regards
Till