Using Fedora for Gnome development...

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Mon Apr 1 20:36:58 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-04-01 at 15:17 -0400, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:
> Is anybody on here using Fedora for Gnome development (silly question, I
> know)? If so, can you point me to a web page that describes how to setup
> Fedora specifically?

The tool used by most developers and release-team members is JHBuild:

https://live.gnome.org/Jhbuild

There's not really Fedora-specific instructions for the most part
anymore, because "jhbuild sysdeps --install" takes care of most of the
formerly-manual package name mappings and such.

I have a much more elaborate system that can fill in where jhbuild is
unable to, such as hacking on gdm or systemd; if you're modifying those
type of system components let me know and I can point you to it.