package, package2, package3 naming-with-version exploit

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 2 14:20:10 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2 Apr 2013 14:02:46 +0000 (UTC)
Petr Pisar <ppisar at redhat.com> wrote:
> Or maybe there are APIs 3.8, 3.9, and 4.0 and we want to express (3.8
> or 3.9), but poor RPM does not handle `or'?

After reading these and other comments from you, Petr, it seems to me
you are not interested in making things better, you just want to
complain about how you think rpm is not sufficient for what you seem to
think is the most important use case.

Since you seem to think you're very well versed in the subject area. I'd
recommend you pitch in on rpm and dnf development, rather than just
pitching unconstructive criticism at them.

-sv