package, package2, package3 naming-with-version exploit

Florian Festi ffesti at redhat.com
Wed Apr 3 10:43:09 UTC 2013

On 03/28/2013 05:45 PM, Vít Ondruch wrote:
> Sorry to say that, but neither my sarcasm nor your comment brings
> anything new. If this problem was put first time on the table in 2002,
> then there already passed 10 years of excuses.

Well, this does not even roughly reflect the history of rpm. You are
also pointing at the wrong people as no one of the current team has been
working on rpm 2002. There have been dark ages in between when rpm
development had basically stopped. It took one year just to integrate
the bug fixes piled up during this time when development was picked up
again with the 4.4.2.x series.

Since then lots of work had to be invested just to catch up with the
grown demands of modern distributions and computers. And this is still
not achieved yet.

Florian