How do *you* use Fedora?

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed Apr 3 17:07:45 UTC 2013

On 04/02/2013 03:47 PM, Pete Travis wrote:
> I'm considering system specs at this point, but establishing the roles
> deployed might aid in targeting more comprehensive documentation. Beyond
> a basic desktop, what use cases would you like to see us represent?

FWIW I primarily use Fedora as a creative workstation, for both vector &
bitmap graphic manipulation as well as non-linear video editing and
occasional audio editing. I recently had one of my two 4 GB RAM DIMMs
die, and noticed a big difference in how quickly Gimp was able to
process images... it really slowed down. On my i7 system with full 8 GB
of RAM Fedora performs quite well with what I work on though.

Hope this helps,
~m