[F18][ATI Rage XL] Problems with install on ATI Rage XP video driver

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 3 19:29:55 UTC 2013

On 2013-04-03 11:48 (GMT-0700) Adam Williamson composed:

> There are
> limits to how long the F/OSS stack devs are able to work on extremely
> old hardware, they don't have infinite resources...

IOW, if you want to keep using old hardware, you need to participate in keeping it supported. That means participation in testing upcoming release versions so as to discover and report problems soon enough that fixes might
be provided when breakage is discovered. AFAIR, some Rage hardware still works without needing to fall back to a generic driver. I know the r128 driver is working for me, though not automatically. Maybe the Rage XP also
needs manual help?

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/