Prevent package builds on certain architectures

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 10:11:13 UTC 2013

On Thu, 4 Apr 2013 11:43:21 +0200, Juerg Haefliger wrote:

> I have a noarch package that has a requirement on another package
> (qemu-img) that doesn't exist on i386 and ppc64. This results in 'broken
> dependency' errors from koji. How do I tell koji not to build on these
> arches?

Your package is "noarch", which means it will be built on any arch (in
koji) and will be published for all archs (by the repo compose tools),
because it is not arch-specific. The real problem is that you depend on
arch-specific packages, so making your package "noarch" doesn't work,
if the arch-specific requirements are not available for all targets.

--
Fedora release 19 (Schrödinger’s Cat) - Linux 3.9.0-0.rc4.git0.1.fc19.x86_64
loadavg: 0.07 0.65 0.54