Prevent package builds on certain architectures

Juerg Haefliger juergh at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 11:01:36 UTC 2013

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 12:26 PM, Dan HorĂ¡k <dan at danny.cz> wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Apr 2013 11:43:21 +0200
> Juerg Haefliger <juergh at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a noarch package that has a requirement on another package
> > (qemu-img) that doesn't exist on i386 and ppc64. This results in
> > 'broken dependency' errors from koji. How do I tell koji not to build
> > on these arches?
>
> Is the problem in Fedora or in EPEL? Because qemu-img exists on all
> arches in Fedora.

It's an EPEL-only problem. The package just contains a bunch of scripts,
some of which depend on qemu-img. Another possibility would be to exclude
those scripts and the the dependency on qemu-img for i686. But then the
content of the package would be different between arches.

Not sure if that's better though. Or make it an arch package for EPEL and
noarch for Fedora?

...Juerg