Smock successor?

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Thu Apr 4 16:34:51 UTC 2013

On Thu, 4 Apr 2013 18:30:02 +0200
Till Maas <opensource at till.name> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 04, 2013 at 09:34:22AM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> > On Thu, 4 Apr 2013 14:47:12 +0200
> > Johannes Lips <johannes.lips at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I think there is mockchain, which should do the same thing, or?
> > > https://skvidal.wordpress.com/2012/04/20/mockchain-use-cases-and-examples/
> > >

> > Yes - mockchain exists and is already in the mock package. So you
> > should be able to just use it for that end.
>
> Is it intended to be feature complete? Smock looks more like a simple
> build system, because it supports to build multiple archs/distros at
> once and uses deterministic repositories and mockchain only supports a
> subset of it.

what does 'deterministic repositories' mean?

As to multiple archs/distros at once:

It's a for loop, right?

for distrochroot in fedora-17-i386 fedora-18-x86_64 epel-6-x86_64
  do
   mockchain -r $distrochroot -l /tmp/myrepo/${distrochroot}/ --recurse
  done

If you want to add that to mockchain I don't really see a big problem -
just felt unnecessary since it can be done with more flexibility at the
shell and since mock chroots are not strictly distro+arch but can be a
myriad of things.

-sv