bison, flex have broken deps in rawhide

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Apr 4 16:57:03 UTC 2013

On Thu, 04 Apr 2013 12:54:01 -0400
Tom Lane <tgl at redhat.com> wrote:

> Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> writes:
>
> >> Well, fortunately this is only affecting rawhide, and I would hope
> >> nobody is storing critical data on rawhide ;-)
>
> > Sure, but I'd like to note that rawhide users are people too. ;)
> > We should try and avoid the 'no one uses rawhide, we don't need to
> > care' thing.
>
> Sure.  If I didn't care, I wouldn't have been here griping about the
> problem.

:)

> > I know you didn't mean it this way, just wanting to note that we do
> > care about rawhide and should work to making sure it works too.
> > (which from other emails in the thread its already fixed and
> > building).
>
> Yeah, the rawhide build just finished OK.  Still would like to know
> what happened the first time, though.  If anyone wants to do a
> postmortem, the failed build was here:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=5212558

I've seen this once before as well recently.

I am wondering if it's a bug that came in with the new koji version.
Its like a build lands, it does a newrepo that doesn't include that
build or the old build, then the next one fixes it. I've not been able
to fully isolate it tho. If someone wants to dig around and see what
the newrepos looked like around that build that would be great.

kevin