[F18][ATI Rage XL] Problems with install on ATI Rage XP video driver

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 5 05:59:57 UTC 2013

On 2013-04-05 01:38 (GMT-0400) Aaron Gray composed:

> Its quite strange.

> The Samsung monitor is 1920 x 1200

What other modes does it support?

> Rage XL is 1600 x 1200

> Xorg.0.log does not really say much of any help AFAICR. I'll post a copy
> later when back at the machine.

I have my doubts a video chip design from last century can support any widescreen mode except possibly for the original widescreen TV mode 1920x1080. It's no surprise to me it seems to exhibit apparent wrapping trouble. Do
you have some other display that isn't wide to try?

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/