MySQL and MariaDB in Fedora

Norvald Ryeng norvald.ryeng at oracle.com
Fri Apr 5 18:06:30 UTC 2013

----- hhorak at redhat.com wrote:

> On 03/21/2013 08:36 PM, Norvald Ryeng wrote:
> > What is the deadline for fixing the remaining issues with MySQL and
> > MariaDB in Fedora? We would like to find a solution and get 5.6 in
> > soon.
>
> Hi Norvald,
>
> I've just asked for creating component community-mysql, as discussed on
> fedora-devel above, the review is done already. As soon as it is built
> in koji I'm going to EOL MySQL component. So I'm expecting to be done in
> the beginning of the next week.

I see you've bumped the epoch of the MariaDB packages to force MariaDB as default when both MySQL and MariaDB provide mysql-server. We've tested it, and it seems to do the trick.

Could you rename the MySQL packages to mysql-community-* instead of community-mysql-*? That way the prefix aligns with the product name and OpenSuSE's prefix.

How do we get push access to the git repo? It would be great to get 5.6 in before the test day on April 30.

Regards,

Norvald H. Ryeng