Keeping old versions of packages

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Apr 9 15:02:14 UTC 2013

On 9 April 2013 13:48, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
> if i want monthly pacthdays i use Microsoft or Oracle

Not at all. Patchdays make perfect sense for planning
reboots/downtime/maintenance and that kind of thing.

> you can hardly classify which bug is for which user critical!

Sure you can, Red Hat does it for updates in RHEL, and you just have
to define what the terms mean. 90% of the updates I'm looking at right
now for F18 are really not important at all. Spec file fixups, new
versions without bugfixes, updated artwork; that can all wait until a
certain point in the month.

Richard.