Keeping old versions of packages

Mathieu Bridon bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Tue Apr 9 16:05:45 UTC 2013

On Tuesday, April 09, 2013 11:52 PM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> If you wanted to keep more versions on the mirrors, you have the following
>
> 1) Have mash create everything, and then run a script that prunes versions
> older than X, and re-runs createrepo.
[... snip ...]
> 2) Have mash try and implement a date-based expiry itself from what it
> requests from koji.
[... snip ...]
> 3) Have mash sort through the packages retrieved by koji, and pull some
> subset less than 'all' (the last 2/3/4 versions).
>
> This is probably doable - it requires requesting all tagged packages from
> koji and then doing some postprocessing on the list before you download
> them. It's merely a matter of code.

It seems to me that all of these solutions focus on making mash do more
stuff, without ever changing Koji.

But couldn't the Koji API grow a new parameter, which would be used for
specifying how many versions of each package to get at most?

The current behaviour would be obtained by setting it to 1, and setting
it to 2 would already be a positive change as it would allow downgrading
a package if the update went wrong.

--
Mathieu