Autoconf in rawhide broken?

Pavel Raiskup praiskup at redhat.com
Wed Apr 10 07:20:00 UTC 2013

> That perl issue was fixed a while back.
>
> There's not enough info here for me to help you.

I'm really curious what happens here also.  Richard, could you specify
more info?

The 'repoquery -q --requires autoconf' correctly shows 'perl(Carp)'
dependency in my rawhide mock instance.  So it should be working in koji
also.

----

I have a question here, Kevin (or others).  What action fixed the
dependency hell for this issue?  Because I did not rebuild the autoconf
package for the #924938 bug.  I guess that 'rpm -qR autoconf' is a dynamic
question: search whole binary rpm file for e.g. perl files and look what
is really needed ... and construct the dependencies.

But it is not the case how this is done for 'yum install' because at the
time the task 'yum install autoconf' was submitted - we are unable to
count dynamically all dependencies..  we still don't have all rpm's.

So .. metatdata are somewhere in repo statically stored.. But when this
info was fixed for autoconf?

Thanks,
Pavel