Autoconf in rawhide broken?

Pavel Raiskup praiskup at redhat.com
Wed Apr 10 17:25:00 UTC 2013

> Without the fix, `perl' package declared it provides Carp module on RPM
> level, which was not true on Perl code level, so while yum got satisfied
> with `perl' package, none Carp module was installed into the system and
> that made other Perl code using the Carp module, like autconf, unhappy.

Well - I probably missed something before.  What confused me: after
changes in *your* package, the 'perl(Carp)' dependency appeared in *my*
package?

... I would bet before that the first thing I was trying in rawhide mock
was: `rpm -qR autoconf` and it did not list the 'perl(Carp)'.  That
convinced me that adding the 'perl(Carp)' to Requires could help.  ... But
the 'perl(Carp)' auto-dependency was probably always there (and I was
blind) - and it just wasn't satisfied by 'perl'.

Thanks Petr for leading me to this result,
Pavel