Django-1.5 for F19

Bohuslav Kabrda bkabrda at redhat.com
Thu Apr 11 06:56:16 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

> On 04/11/2013 04:27 AM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> > On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 07:53:28AM -0400, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> >> 2) The python-django14 package should add: Obsoletes:
> >> python-django < 1.5 Conflicts: python-django >= 1.5
>
> >> Adding Toshio to the CC list explicitly to check my logic :)
> >
> > Conflicts will run afoul of the guidelines.  I thought these were
> > parallel installable?
> >
> > -Toshio
> >
> No, they're not installable in parallel, they're conflicting by using
> the same files.
>
> So I think, python-django14 should
> Obsoletes: python-django < 1.5
> and since the packages are conflicting, we can avoid Conflicts:....
>
> Right?

I think that the problem is that this would allow you to install both django 1.4 and django 1.5 in the same way as you install with easy_install or pip - e.g. non-parallel installs, that both have files in %{python_sitelib}/django. So they either have to conflict or (and I'd prefer this) we should rather concentrate our efforts on helping upstreams migrate do Django 1.5. Or we could possibly provide django14 as parallel installable, which would however require patching all the depending packages.

Slavek.

--
Regards,
Bohuslav "Slavek" Kabrda.