Keeping old versions of packages

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 13:21:11 UTC 2013

7 days is way, way, way too long for an active repository such as any of
the currently supported Fedoras. And yes, it *is* burdensome to download
and keep updating all the time.

If running more than a few servers, I always maintain a local nightly
mirror and point my clients to that by default. The metadata download is
still burdensome, but the traffic is local and much faster. And I
completely exclude "drpms" from the mirror, there's just no point to it if
you've using a local mirror.