Meet and greet

Hans de Goede hdegoede at redhat.com
Sat Apr 13 13:47:17 UTC 2013

Hi,

On 04/13/2013 01:09 PM, James walsh wrote:
> Hello everyone, I've been one of those long time power users (around 2001 I think) that has finally decided to participate a little.

Welcome!

> Mostly just made things out of necessity for myself/clients sometimes sending patches upstream. But think it could be rewarding to get a little more involved.
>
> As such I've started looking at abandoned packages to fox get the hang of packaging, submitted a couple before sending this.

Cool, be aware though that packages are sometimes abandoned
for good reason, as I recently learned myself when I tried
to undeprecate 2 deprecated packages, see:
http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2013-April/181185.html

You might want to send a similar mail to the list, or if you've lots
of packages already, 1 per package (it is important to have the
package name(s) in the subject).

Also it would be useful if you could post a list of all package-reviews
you've submitted in this thread, so that people who may be interested
in sponsoring you as a packager can take a look at them.

Regards,

Hans