Autoconf in rawhide broken?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Apr 13 22:26:53 UTC 2013

Pavel Raiskup wrote:
> Well - I probably missed something before.  What confused me: after
> changes in *your* package, the 'perl(Carp)' dependency appeared in *my*
> package?

The problem was that the perl RPM had an automatic Provides: perl(Carp)
without actually providing the module at perl level. So yum would not drag
in perl-Carp for your package's perl(Carp) dependency because the perl RPM
already claimed to Provide it, but then the perl interpreter wouldn't
actually find the module.

Fixing this involved getting rid of the false (Auto)Provides: perl(Carp)
from the perl RPM.

        Kevin Kofler