MySQL and MariaDB in Fedora

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 11:35:48 UTC 2013

On 04/13/2013 09:42 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
>> Users should not be switched automatically to Mariadb on upgrades
> Of course they should! That's the point of switching!

It goes without saying that users should never be automatically moved
from component A to component B if component A is still being provided,
maintained and shipped in the distribution.

If I installed mysql and have been running mysql then upgrade I expect
the upgrade process to pick up the latest mysql we ship upgraded to that
and I will be continuing to run mysql not be magically moved to fork of
it mariadb.

JBG