Recommended memory size for F19?

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 18:56:13 UTC 2013

On Apr 13, 2013, at 18:37, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:

> Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
>> For seriously lightweight window managers, I've been using "vtwm" for
>> years, still published by the Penguin Liberation Front and listed at
>> http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/13029794/dir/mandriva_2010/com/vtwm-5.4.7-1plf.i586.rpm.html.
>
> Be warned that PLF packages are NOT intended for Fedora.

Completely true: they often require some editing of dependency names for Fedora and RHEL.

>> The Penguin Liberation Front has been a very useful resource, for years,
>> of components whose licenses are confusing or problematic: the old "xv"
>> and "twm" programs, "libdvdcss" for ripping DVD's, MPEG libraries, and
>> Pine and daemontools before they had their licensing revised. I understand
>> why those components can't always be included in a completely open
>> distribution with US based resources and primary maintainers like Fedora.
>> But man, they're useful if you can accept the licensing personally or
>> you're in a country with sane laws about DRM.
>
> For Fedora, there is RPM Fusion which provides such packages (and a separate
> repository for libdvdcss at rpm.livna.org).
>
>        Kevin Kofler

Unfortunately, rpm.livna.org spends its whole front page saying it's all at RPMfusion, except one package which they *very, very, carefully* do not name or even list an actual directory URL to review.

A bit of digging shows that the correct URL to see the *content* is http://rpm.livna.org/repo/, and you're right, it's libdvdcss. I'm glad it's available. The DRM craziness around that package is insane, and I'm glad when I can do the work in a country that does not have such onerous restrictions.