next pkgdb?

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Mon Apr 15 10:55:35 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-04-15 at 05:29 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> It would be nice to be able to change acls without having to enable
javascript.

On Mon, 2013-04-15 at 03:29 -0700, Dan Mashal wrote:
> 1) It's slow.
> 2) It's spammy.

Thanks for the quick feed-back, I'm glad to see that these points were
already on the list.
Removing the ajax calls (so allowing no js) should solve the spammy
problem as well. The group ownership is pretty much planned but we still
need to figure out the details.

We're also thinking of a "Become comaintainer" button that applies for
you to all ACLs for the latest 2 branches (for example).
In the same spirit, maybe a "Watch package" button that applies for the
watchcommits and watchbugs ACLs.
Basically, simplify the interface while still providing the more current
possibilities if one wishes.

Any other suggestions are welcomed of course :)

Pierre