Trimming (or obsoleting) %changelog?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Mon Apr 15 17:03:12 UTC 2013

Once upon a time, Vít Ondruch <vondruch at redhat.com> said:
> Not sure if the age of entry is the only metrics which should be used.
> What if there was no change in last 3 years? Then we will have just one
> changelog entry? Just thinking loud ...

Especially if there was no upstream release in the last 3 years and
there have been security issues (where %changelog entries might be the
only documentation that issues have been fixed).  Certainly no entries
that mention CVEs should be auto-removed if the package version hasn't
changed.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>