Expanding the list of "Hardened Packages"

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Mon Apr 15 21:19:33 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 06:48:32PM +0200, Miloslav Trmač wrote:
> Now, what to move to?  I currently don't have see any language/runtime I
> could recommend, which is in itself rather frightening.

Ada, Eiffel, Go, Coq + OCaml, Erlang, Haskell, CompCert[*], etc. etc.

All these languages are viable.  I think that programmers falsely
think they cannot choose the most suitable language for the task at
hand, but my experience is this is more of a mental barrier than a
real problem.

Rich.

[*] Very unfortunately CompCert, a certified correct subset-of-C
compiler, is non-free.