Kernel functionality which replaced cpuspeed daemon thermal limits ?

Petr Ĺ abata contyk at redhat.com
Tue Apr 16 13:27:52 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 11:33:59AM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> Can anyone point out the kernel cpufreq config that I might have missed
> to make it take into account thermal sensors when controlling CPU freq ?
>
> If there is none, then I intend to re-submit cpuspeed for review and
> inclusion in Fedora repos.

Sadly, it seems kernel indeed doesn't provide any support for
your specific case.  You could easily write some scripts to
handle this for you...  or re-include cpuspeed again, yes.

If you do, please don't re-introduce the old service with all
its flaws.  I still think the current situation is generally
how it should be.

Petr