Expanding the list of "Hardened Packages"

Miloslav Trmač mitr at volny.cz
Tue Apr 16 13:12:38 UTC 2013

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 11:19 PM, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 06:48:32PM +0200, Miloslav Trmač wrote:
> > Now, what to move to?  I currently don't have see any language/runtime I
> > could recommend, which is in itself rather frightening.
>
> Ada, Eiffel, Go, Coq + OCaml, Erlang, Haskell, CompCert[*], etc. etc.
>
> All these languages are viable.

Perhaps for end-user applications[1], but not for libraries/code
reuse/implementing platform interfaces to be usable by applications.  How
do I call an Eiffel library from Ada and pass it a callback written in Go?
And if widely-used libraries are not available, that again makes it less
viable to write applications using them.
   Mirek

[1] To take a random set of examples, how many of these languages have
libraries or bindings for (all of) TLS, good i18n, libselinux, readline,
D-Bus, GTK?