Broken dependencies: rubygem-pam

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Apr 16 23:30:56 UTC 2013

On 15/04/13 05:30 AM, Josef Stribny wrote:
> Hi,
>
> change ruby(abi) to Requires: ruby(release) as in guidelines [1]
>
> "Each Ruby package must indicate it depends on a Ruby interpreter. Use ruby(release) virtual requirement to achieve that:"
>
> This is due to support both MRI and JRuby in next Fedora releases.

Y'know, this one kinda made me scratch my head a little when I came
across it, because surely 'abi' is a more accurate term than 'release'
in the context of 'there are multiple different but compatible
interpretations of the same basic thing, and this is a virtual
dependency for packages which can happily use any of them'? I mean,
switching from the word 'abi' to the word 'release' because you now have
two things that provide the same...ABI...seems exactly bass-ackwards :)
but I may be missing something.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey