Appropriate location for cmake support files

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 18 13:55:23 UTC 2013

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 8:40 AM, Mario Ceresa <mrceresa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> does anybody know where should I put cmake support files such as:
>
> OpenIGTLinkBuildSettings.cmake
> OpenIGTLinkConfig.cmake
> UseOpenIGTLink.cmake

CMake upstream doesn't mind including them upstream as long as you're
willing to maintain them, but I'm assuming they would prefer ones that work
on all platforms the project builds on.

in order for cmake to find them automatically? Can I put them in
> /usr/share/cmake/Modules/ ?

I don't think there are any guidelines here, at least not that I'm aware
of. I don't see any problem putting them there as long as your package
requires cmake, since it owns that directory.

Richard