Expanding the list of "Hardened Packages"

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Apr 18 15:25:12 UTC 2013

On Thu, Apr 18, 2013 at 01:14:33AM +0200, Björn Persson wrote:
[...]
> > Passing pointers to objects from one language to another is likely
> > *not* possible however.
>
> Ada imports and exports C pointers just fine, including pointers to
> functions and records.

I should have been clearer.  I meant passing pointers between non-C
languages is likely not possible.

We also suffer this problem in reverse: passing a pointer between two
C libraries is not possible in another non-C language.  eg.  Passing a
libvirt virDomainPtr from (Perl) Sys::Virt to Sys::Guestfs.

Rich.