Expanding the list of "Hardened Packages"

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Apr 18 18:35:00 UTC 2013

Once upon a time, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com> said:
> I shouldn't say "not possible", but not very easy.  A virDomainPtr in
> Sys::Virt is wrapped in some object which is very specific to the
> internals of Sys::Virt, thus cannot be extracted by Sys::Guestfs.  It
> would require Sys::Virt to have a separate C library to provide this.

No, it wouldn't require a separate C library, just a way to export it.
This has nothing to do with it being a pointer (or the language being
perl); something that is internal to one object/library/module/etc. and
not exported can't be accessed from another object/library/module/etc.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>