Expanding the list of "Hardened Packages"

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu Apr 18 23:32:58 UTC 2013

Once upon a time, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com> said:
> Whatever you think.  But it means you can't just write:
>
>   $dom = Sys::Virt->get_domain_by_name ("foo");
>   $g = Sys::Guestfs->create ();
>   $g->add_libvirt_domain ($dom);

And that has nothing to do with what you said, languages being able (or
not) to pass pointers.  That's the API of the two modules not supporting
what you want to do.  I'm pretty sure the APIs of the modules could be
changed to support this, assuming the underlying libraries support it.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>