Login to Koji

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Fri Apr 19 17:37:16 UTC 2013

On Fri, 19 Apr 2013 11:46:56 +0200
Thomas Moschny <thomas.moschny at gmail.com> wrote:

> Almost everything can be done using the koji command line, but one
> thing I couldn't find: Koji's web interface let me "create a
> notification", so I get notified whenever a selected package is build
> (optionally selecting a tag, and optionally on success only).
>
> How can I add/modify/remove such notification subscriptions without
> the web interface?

It's true that you cannot do that from the command line interface.

However, there's a bunch of other ways to get that info:

- Subscribe to the koji recent builds rss feed:
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/recentbuilds
and alert on whatever builds you care about.

- Join the #fedora-fedmsg channel on irc and setup notify for whatever
  packages you care about and what part of the build (since it will
  send a message on build start, build end, success or failure, tagging
  into tag, etc).

- Setup fedmsg-notify on your desktop and set it to look for the same
  above messages.

- Setup your own fedmsg consumer to look for the messages and do
  whatever you want on getting them. email you?

IMHO we should really move to using fedmsg for these things instead of
a non standard difficult interface in a specific app. ;)

kevin