Login to Koji

Ralph Bean rbean at redhat.com
Fri Apr 19 19:00:45 UTC 2013

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 07:51:37PM +0200, Thomas Moschny wrote:
> 2013/4/19 Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com>:
> > It's true that you cannot do that from the command line interface.
> >
> > However, there's a bunch of other ways to get that info:
> >
> > - Subscribe to the koji recent builds rss feed:
> > http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/recentbuilds
> > and alert on whatever builds you care about.
> >
> > - Join the #fedora-fedmsg channel on irc and setup notify for whatever
> >   packages you care about and what part of the build (since it will
> >   send a message on build start, build end, success or failure, tagging
> >   into tag, etc).
> >
> > - Setup fedmsg-notify on your desktop and set it to look for the same
> >   above messages.
> >
> > - Setup your own fedmsg consumer to look for the messages and do
> >   whatever you want on getting them. email you?
> >
> > IMHO we should really move to using fedmsg for these things instead of
> > a non standard difficult interface in a specific app. ;)
>
> Agreed in principle. On the other hand, all these possible solutions
> require something running on my side permanently :(

In theory, the infrastructure team could build a webapp that:

1) Allows you to manage centralized notification preferences.
2) Listens to the bus and sends emails as appropriate.

It could be cool.  We could host it at, say,
apps.fedoraproject.org/busmail.

I've created a ticket to track it as an idea.  If you're interested in
having such a thing around, please chime in there with a :+1: and any
special requirements:
https://github.com/fedora-infra/fedmsg/issues/134