Embedded SIG

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 14:11:25 UTC 2013

On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 7:01 AM, Markus Mayer <lotharlutz at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have started developing for embedded devices (aka microcontrollers) lately
> (mainly ARM cortex-M3 devices). Although fedora provides some of the needed
> tools, there are still some bits missing to provide a good out-of-the-box
> experience.
>
> So I have decide to ask if there are others like me, and if there are
> willing to form a SIG (special interest group) to enhance embedded
> developing with fedora.
>
> I think the main things to discuss within the sig are:
> - Finding out what fedora is missing to provide a good develepmont
> experience
> - Packaging (Cross-compilers, cross-debugers, ...)
>
> So if you are interested in helping to move thinks further or if you have
> any interesting/help-full information, I would highly appreciate your help.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Embedded

While there is renewed discussion going on about who Fedora engages as
a community and as a platform it is really a great time to move this
forward and understand whether more could be done to make Fedora
suitable for embedded development. Are there difficulties that go
beyond tooling that can be identified?

John