gradle problem in f{19,20}

Mikolaj Izdebski mizdebsk at redhat.com
Mon Apr 22 10:58:54 UTC 2013

On 04/22/2013 10:16 AM, gil wrote:
>> 1) Run gradle in a debugger and try to investigate what exactly is
>> causing the problem; "unexpected internal error" is not helping much.
> already done

And? Any results?

>> 2) Check if the problem persists after replacing all dependencies with
>> binary JARs used by upstream.  If the issue is solved this way then you
>> can try bisection method (replace half of dependencies, then quarter and
>> so on, narrowing the possible cause of the problem).
> i use f18 ....

And what is your point? Does using F18 prevent you from trying the
bisection method? It helped me solve several difficult cases.

Besides that the message title says you are using F19/F20, so I'm a bit
confused now.

>> 3) Talk to the upstream.  They surely know more about gradle internals
>> and hopefully they will give you some advice how to fix the problem.
>>
> i applied a patch (#31) as suggested by A. Murdoc, gradle developer [1]
> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/gradle.git/tree/gradle-1.0-printStackTrace.patch
>
> but dont work ... probably did something wrong ...

Try changing the patch to print the stack trace even when failure is not
 instance of GradleException (i.e. uncomment line 13).

--
Mikolaj Izdebski
Software Engineer, Red Hat