Q: bundled fonts.

Alec Leamas leamas.alec at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 13:37:03 UTC 2013

In a large package (openerp7) I have found some bundled .ttf and .otf
font files. One of these (Inconsolata) seems to exist in Fedora as
levien-inconsolata-fonts, the others (see below) I cannot find with a
quick search.

The fonts are parts of specific addons (a. k. a. plugins). They are
referenced  with explicit paths in various .css or css/* files.

The entypo-webfont.ttf seems to have a working upstream
http://www.entypo.com.
I cannot find an upstream for mnmliconsv21-webfont.ttf, hint is that
it's generated by "Font Squirrel" ?!
There seem to be an upstream for zocial-regular-webfont.ttf, at
https://github.com/adamstac/zocial, providing a woff file.

Now, what should I do with these? Packaging GL tells me to "avoid"
bundling ttf/otf files. What's this in this case?

Utterly confused. Any hint, out there?

--alec