F-19 Branched report: 20130425 changes

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Fri Apr 26 11:43:01 UTC 2013

On Thursday 25 April 2013 17:03:20 Tom Callaway wrote:

> > [tex-musixtex]
> >       tex-musixtex-0.114-11.fc18.noarch requires texlive-texmf
>
> Fixed in updates-testing.
>
> ~tom

I had a fix on the same line of what you have done ready.

The reason why I have not applied it is because I think that probably the best path is to retire it.

The reason:

# yum list *musixtex*
Loaded plugins: auto-update-debuginfo, langpacks
Installed Packages
texlive-musixtex.noarch                2:svn28937.1.15__2013_01_21_-20.fc19        @fedora
texlive-musixtex-bin.noarch            2:svn22187.0-20.20130321_r29448.fc19        @fedora
texlive-musixtex-doc.noarch            2:svn28937.1.15__2013_01_21_-20.fc19        @fedora
texlive-musixtex-fnts.noarch           2:svn28934.0-20.fc19                        @fedora
texlive-musixtex-fnts-doc.noarch       2:svn28934.0-20.fc19                        @fedora
Available Packages
ctan-musixtex-fonts.noarch             1.13-7.fc19                                  fedora
tex-musixtex.noarch                    0.114-11.fc18                                fedora
tex-musixtex-doc.noarch                0.114-11.fc18                                fedora

As you can see this package is present and available at texlive and since it is an updated version while maintained it should be the standard.

I think that last year we had this same discussion at fedora-texlive but I do not remember the outcome.

FWIW as it can be seen above ctan-musixtex-fonts should follow the same fate of tex-musixtex.

Regards,
--
José Abílio