Orphaning Blueman

Kalev Lember kalevlember at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 23:03:55 UTC 2013

On 08/01/2013 07:52 PM, Juan Rodriguez wrote:
> I've recently been approached about one of the packages I maintain,
> Blueman, an alternative Bluetooth Manager.
>
> At the time I packaged it, it was actively being developed, however
> development has stopped for over a year [1]. The project's domain
> expired too. [2]
>
> The package has been continuously piling up bugs. Some of which I can
> fix (Packaging) but most of which I can't (Actual crashes).

Furthermore, it doesn't work with bluez5 and the porting is not entirely
trivial. Bluez5 might yet land in F20 and without anyone working on
Blueman, it would get into a broken state.

So yeah, might be a good idea to retire it unless someone is willing to
invest time in working on the code again.

Hope this helps,
Kalev