Mesa needs an update?

Morgan Howe mthowe at gmail.com
Thu Aug 1 23:50:41 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 11:12 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com>wrote:

> On Thu, 2013-08-01 at 20:21 +0800, Morgan Howe wrote:
> > The latest mesa in the repos still does not solve this problem, so I
> > just wanted to bring it to the maintainer's attention that an update
> > for this package should probably be expedited.
>
> We don't simply bump Mesa to bleeding-edge git on stable releases. It'll
> fix your bug, sure, but it could just as well break 2x as many things as
> it fixes...

I didn't say you need to bump it to bleeding edge git. I'm just letting you
know that there's a pretty serious bug in the current version of mesa that
is affecting at least a few people - probably even more who just rolled
back to F18 and didn't bother filing a bug report. I'm well aware that a
version bump might introduce new bugs, but just thought someone might want
to consider at least looking into it since a completely broken X is a
fairly major issue.