Mesa needs an update?

Jef Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 00:57:37 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 4:38 PM, Morgan Howe <mthowe at gmail.com> wrote:
> That may have been a mistake on my part due to lack of knowledge on your
> bugzilla workflow, apologies for that. I haven't filed a bug report before
> and wasn't sure how that should be handled. I've reassigned the bug from
> xorg-x11-drv-ati to mesa, but I can't seem to reopen (only assign) the bug.

It can be a little confusing. Different groups even inside this
project will use different workflows depending on the rate of bugs
they have to deal with.  Anything hardware specific is automatically
complicated as it becomes harder to reproduce for one particular
person using their standard development machine.

My rule of thumb... I only close the bugs I open under two conditions:
I've figured out it was user error or misconfiguration on my part (hey
it happens to all of us) or I can confirm the fix has propagated into
the packaging system and the bug is still open, which normally I won't
have to do as our update system lets maintainers close associated bugs
when updates roll out.

-jef