Orphaning Blueman

Basil Mohamed Gohar basilgohar at librevideo.org
Fri Aug 2 16:01:54 UTC 2013

As long as we're reminiscing, for what it's worth, Blueman was the
*only* way I could reliably get A2DP/High quality audio to work with my
wife's Bluetooth headphones (Nokia BH-503) until Fedora 19.  It is a
nice utility, no doubt, but now I can get the behavior I want/need using
just the MATE Bluetooth tools and Pulseaudio's GUI configuration (to
select between A2DP and headset mode).

If it's not being maintained upstream, and if it's functionality is
duplicated, it seems as though it might be time to retire it.  I really
liked seeing the real-time Bluetooth network/bandwidth usage, though.
Something us geeks love, I suppose. :)

--
Libre Video
http://librevideo.org