F20 System Wide Change: Web Assets

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Sun Aug 4 22:05:21 UTC 2013

On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 1:44 AM, Till Maas <opensource at till.name> wrote:
> The guideline should be to ask upstream to fix the meta data. In case of
> missing license text (e.g. source code with a GPL header but no copy of
> the GPL itself), it is also upstream's task to fix it and the packager's
> to ask for it. And if upstream fixes it, the debian font packagers do
> not need to replicate Fedora's effort.

We absolutely want this fixed upstream first.  I adjusted the draft to
reflect this:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Patches/PackagingDrafts/FontsPolicy

Sometime this week I'm going to file bugs against all the affected
font packages to give packages an opportunity to work with their
upstreams to correct this.

-T.C.