mass rebuild update

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon Aug 5 07:53:43 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 7:44 AM, Marcela Mašláňová <mmaslano at redhat.com>
> wrote:
> > On 08/05/2013 04:35 AM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> >>
> >>   There is a large number of failures[1] that need to be
> >> addressed.
> >>
> >> Dennis
> >

> > Do you have also numbers how many FTBFS we had in F19 and F20? It might be
> > good for post mortem of Fedora rebuilds.
> >
> > I thought the rebuild should start after all tasks were done [1]. Now we
> > have many build failures in Perl and not only there. I guess it would be
> > much faster if we finished Perl first.
>
> Ultimately if the perl feature needed to be ready for the mass rebuild
> which needs to happen before branch so ideally probably 2 weeks or so
> before hand (although this mass rebuild was much faster than the
> past). Branch is scheduled for tomorrow[1].

It was already moved by two weeks [1], Dennis asked for an another one but
currently FESCo agreed [2] on the initial one.

> Maybe we need to put a
> "mass rebuild starts" point in the Schedule in the future so that
> people are more aware of this and have the sorts of features like a
> perl rebase done in reasonable time.

Good idea - it will be another "no earlier than" milestone but it could
give people an overview if it makes sense to push the big rebuilds or
not.

Jaroslav

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/20/Schedule
[2] https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/1095