Need help with packaging

Juerg Haefliger juergh at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 12:03:11 UTC 2013

All,

I'm struggling with massaging the spec file of one of my packages to
do what I need it to. I have this noarch package (cloud-utils, just a
bunch of shell scripts) that I split up into a main package and a
subpackage. The reason being that some scripts depend on qemu-img
which is not available in EPEL i386 and ppc64 but I want one
particular script to be available in all arches in EPEL, so I put that
single scirpt into its own subpackage. So what I need is to build both
the main package and the subpackage for EPEL x86_64 but only build the
subpackage for EPEL i386 and ppc64. Does that make sense or I'm I
completely out of my mind? Can I do this with a noarch package? I
tried ExcludeArch and %ifarch conditionals but I always end up with
either no package being built on EPEL i386 and ppc64 or both.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
...Juerg